Pop up ads

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an andriod ASUS_A009, that I just got from verizon and I've been having issues with several pop up ads. Like, I would unlock my phone to it's homescreen and a pop up ad from wish or facebook would pop up. I tried deleting recently downloaded apps that weren't super important. I don't know how to do a factory reset on this phone, and when I tried to google it and follow the instrutions, my phone doesn't have those setting they use. Google gave the advice of blocking them through chrome, and when I found those settings I found that the ads were blocked but the ads were by google! So I'm not sure what's the deal. Anyone have any ideas?

NoVA Mike

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
If anyone's listening out there... this will cause me to buy an iPhone. Ads are popping up on my phone at least once every 15 minutes. Driving, sitting still, whatever. It's not right to spend $500 - $1000 on a phone and have something that you don't want take it over. There's no equivalent in the desktop/laptop world. I turned off "ads by Google" under the Google settings and it didn't do anything.

The advice to fix it is appreciated but it's a total pain in the rear - "do some sleuthing and maybe even go into developer tools to remove ads that you never wanted in the first place".

Google - please fix this - it's not right.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If anyone's listening out there... this will cause me to buy an iPhone. Ads are popping up on my phone at least once every 15 minutes. Driving, sitting still, whatever. It's not right to spend $500 - $1000 on a phone and have something that you don't want take it over. There's no equivalent in the desktop/laptop world. I turned off "ads by Google" under the Google settings and it didn't do anything.

The advice to fix it is appreciated but it's a total pain in the rear - "do some sleuthing and maybe even go into developer tools to remove ads that you never wanted in the first place".

Google - please fix this - it's not right.
Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having those annoying ads. In most cases this is caused by a free app that was downloaded and there's no easy way to find out which one is the culprit.

This problem has nothing to do with Google or how much you paid for your phone, the ads are being pushed by an app that you have in your phone. There are ways to find the culprit, sometimes it's easy and sometimes you'll need a bit of effort. We'll be very happy to assist you if you want.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21