Well, I've woke up and my phone was working just fine... I fell asleep and woke up to a dead battery. "Ok." I thought and went to charge it. When I turned my phone on, the touch screen hasn't worked at all, the phone works, just the touch screen is unresponsive. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7, model SM-J700T1. Any help??
    09-02-2018 08:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30290

Do you know if the phone was overheating at any point?
    09-02-2018 08:28 PM
    Well, I've woke up and my phone was working just fine... I fell asleep and woke up to a dead battery. "Ok." I thought and went to charge it. When I turned my phone on, the touch screen hasn't worked at all, the phone works, just the touch screen is unresponsive. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7, model SM-J700T1. Any help??

Also, when booted into Android Recover, I get this message
    "No Support SINGLE-SKU
    Supported API: 3
    E: ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy)
    dm-verity error . . .
    E: failed to find misc partition"
    09-02-2018 09:22 PM
    I merged your duplicate threads. In the PMs you sent me, it wasn't clear if you were able to boot successfully into Safe Mode -- were you able to?

The messages in the Recovery Menu are worrisome -- unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware failure. Is the phone still under warranty?
    09-02-2018 10:26 PM
    Make sure it's charged to at least 70%. Then turn it on, let it sit for a few seconds, and turn it on again. Sometimes something glitches during startup, and weird things happen. (My Pixel 2 [which is getting replaced, so I'm not worrying about it] starts up not recognizing the password once in a while - a restart fixes that.)
    09-03-2018 12:20 PM