I smashed the screen on my stylo 3 plus, but i desprately need some files that were saved specifically on that phone and nowhere else. It has a pattern lock i put on it that is required at start up. Aside from replacing the display unit, how can i get all my files out of this phone? Does a temporary user interface exist? Surely theres gotta be some product like that somewhere.

Phone: stylo 3 plus
    Found out it does not support hdmi out or mhl for video output
    09-02-2018 08:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, there's not much you can do besides replacing the screen. In order to access the files from a PC via USB connection, the screen has to be unlocked. I supposed you could try using a USB mouse connected via OTG cable, but it would be very tricky to trace the correct pattern using a mouse blindly (assuming the phone supports OTG in the first place).
    09-02-2018 10:43 PM
    One of our users wrote a guide for doing that - A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen. It's over 4 years old, but still valid. If you can get the use of another Stylo 3 for a while, it should help you.
    09-03-2018 12:16 PM
    The additional problem you'd face (even if you were able to unlock the screen) would be to change the USB connection from Charge Only (which is typically the default) to MTP/File Transfer. Otherwise, the PC it's connected to still wouldn't be able to see the files on the phone.
    09-03-2018 06:52 PM