bluetooth ear phones issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Moto XT 1650

Happy Labor Day Everybody!

okay: I have my bluetooth ear phones connected to the phone. they're working fine for Stitcher, etc.

But when I try to make a call, they just don't work.

I've noticed that there's a bluetooth indicator / button on the dialing screen, but when I try to push it, nothing happens.

Help! what can I do to get the bluetooth ear phones actually working with the phone?

(But yes, sometimes they DO work... as soon as the phones are connected, and they're working with other app's, then they're automatically working when I want to make a call... which is how it should be.)

thanks for any feedback!

w

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the BT settings on your phone and check your headphones, is the Phone profile active alongside the Music/Media one?

Have you checked if the headphones are connecting to a second device (and thus playing music from your phone but only taking calls from another one)?

wfriedwald

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't find that phone profile option you mention, under Bluetooth in settings, it only tells me me whether the phones are connected or not.

and no, the headphones are not connected to another device. (I occasionally connect them to an iPad, but the BT option is currently switched off on that device.

Thanks!

w

PS: the bluetooth works intermittently on calls, right now it DOES appear to be working, no idea why it comes and goes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude