I know this is an old thread, and a few posts back from this, someone mentioned Greenify.

First, I'd like to clarify I'm on Android 12, rooted.

In my case, the app "Microsoft Family", I wanted notifications to come through on the lock screen were never working.

I have battery -> background usage limits -> put unused apps to sleep enabled.

But even when I had excluded the app in the "Never sleeping apps" section, it would not come through in the lock screen, its notifications would be waiting as soon as I unlocked it.

When I disabled to put unused apps to sleep, the notification would come through on the lock.

So if anything, the white-list from the phone's background usage limits does not work, so I re-enabled the setting for general use.

I installed Greenify in root mode, just because I had it already rooted, and put the app in its white-list, and the notification came through the lock screen.

As the OP stated, he tested Greenify without root, and it didn't work for him. Maybe root is needed for Greenify to truly do its work.

-MW
    07-06-2022 01:05 AM
51 123