Hello everybody.

My phone dropped in water 4 days ago. I powered the phone off immediately and put it in rice for 5 days.
    After 5 days, i plugged it to the charger and it shows a charging icon for abou two seconds and then it disapeard. Also charging lid is not going to light up since then.
    09-04-2018 12:45 PM
    Did you take out the battery to and put the phone and the battery in rice for like a Week
    09-04-2018 12:50 PM
    Also take all the parts off your phone that come off back plate SD cards Ect... Soak the phone in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol for 15 minutes or so and let make sure to let it dry really good before you turn it back on
    09-04-2018 12:58 PM
    Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! It's already too late for this phone, but in the future, follow that post. (I've saved at least dozens of wet phones that way.) You not only got water into the phone, you then went and electrocuted it.

The time to get alcohol into the phone is within 5 minutes of it getting wet at the most. After that the damage has been done and it's cheaper to buy a new phone than to repair the old one. (Basically everything in the phone, except the plastic parts of the case, has to be replaced.) 4 days ago? Sitting it in alcohol for a week wouldn't save it - even if you hadn't plugged the charger in.

And Haley, rice has killed more phones than shotgun blasts have. Once you put a wet phone into rice, you can say goodbye to it. All you've done is put off the time when it will fail from days to weeks. (Rice absorbs the water - it doesn't absorb the solids in the water that, when humid, form acids that etch the phone to death slowly.)
    09-04-2018 02:14 PM