Am i the only one or is the LG G5 the worst phone ever?

Will Buden

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how awful this phone is.

* Locked to carrier. Yeah, put another sim card in and you can't get a strong enough signal to do anything. Calls drop. SMS fails all the time. It's just doesn't work.

* Locked in crap LG Messaging. I like Google's messaging app. It's simple to use and just plain works. The LG app is ugly with it's urine yellow background. The UI is clumsy and poorly thought out. Try to replace it with another messaging app and you get spontaneous repeats of old messages as if they are new. I've had it tell me I have new messages from people I haven't contacted in months. (Oh, and yes I tried to disable the LG messaging app. You try it and let me know how it goes for you.)

* Google Assistant. Doesn't work. I try starting it and get the routine to match my voice, then it shuts off. It won't respond. Look at settings and Access with Voice Match is turned off. Turn it back on, good through match routine and it's off again.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PHONE! NEVER!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your G5.

Did you just get it, or have you had it for a while?

Did you buy it new or used?

What carrier version device did you buy? What carrier are you using? It may indeed be unlocked, but it may not support all the LTE bands that your carrier uses. This is something that one needs to research prior to purchase.