I really don't know much about this so please bear with me.

I bought a fast charger with three usb ports so I could charge three devices without in one place without having to take up more space than needed.

This charger has a 3.0 and two 2.4 ports. Total 7.8A which from what I understand is fully capable of charging three devices at their max capability.

I have one device on hand, a samsung c5 pro that normally charges at 2.4 (I think) using the standard supplied charger. Everytime I plug it there is a prompt that says "fast charging".

I tried my phone on the new charger. It's currently at 94%, I only get the "fast charging" prompt using the 3.0 output but not when using the 2.4 outputs indicating it's charging at a slower rate.

Is there something I'm missing here, did I get the wrong charger?

The product is an xpower XP-WC3Q3

XP-WC3Q3 7.8A 3-port Smart Travel Charger
    . The maximum total output 7.2A 3-Port (2 X 5V / 2.4A + 1 x 5V / 3A, 9V / 2A, 12V / 1.5A.2A)
    09-06-2018 10:50 AM
    Look at the spec - 2 ports at 5 Volts/2.4 Amps, no Quick Charge (or Adaptive Fast charge, as Samsung calls it). One port with Quick Charge 2.0 (5 Volts@3 Amps/9 Volts@2 Amps/12 Volts@1.5 Amps).

What you're looking for is a charger with 3 Quick Charge 2.0 ports, and that's normally going to be difficult to find. (It only quick charges cellphones that have Quick Charge built in. Phones that don't have it don't get quick charged. Other devices that charge from USB ports don't get quick charged. It's up to the charger and the phone. They "talk" to each other, determining what voltage the phone can accept and what the charger can deliver, and use the highest one they "agree" on. non-smart devices can't do that, so they get a normal 5 Volt charge. Since most people don't charge more than one phone, manufacturers aren't going to waste money putting more than one Quick Charge chip in a charger. And if you try to shove 12 Volts into a device designed to be charged with 5 Volts, you just destroy it.)
    09-06-2018 04:14 PM