So I have a TRRS external microphone that I'm plugging into the 3.5mm headphone jack on my Galaxy S8. The microphone itself seems to work perfectly fine when plugged in, but it also completely eliminates all of my playback sounds in doing so.

I have been searching for hours on how to properly solve this issue, but have had absolutely zero luck. The closest I've come was from installing Lesser AudioSwitch, but it wasn't able to allow me to use the internal speakers of my phone with the external microphone at the same time, even with the "force external mic" option checked.

Please help me figure this out. There has to be a way to do this. All I want is to use the external mic and still have playback audio through my phone. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me out with this!
    09-07-2018 06:40 AM
    This behavior does not surprise me. When you plug in something to the headphone jack, this normally turns off the speakers.
    I can see where special casing a microphone would be a good thing, but I don't know enough about hardware detection to talk about that.
    09-07-2018 06:05 PM