No notifications when connected to WiFi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and this is a very recent problem. It appears to be since a recent update a few days ago. The only notification I receive is from the stock email app. NONE of my other apps are providing push notifications any more. I hadn't change my settings, my WiFi hasn't changed. I don't have power management switched on, I always leave my WiFi on. I noticed the issue when I left my house and the phone automatically reverted to the mobile network as I was away from my home WiFi. I suddenly received a barrage of notifications. This happens every time for the past 3 days. I've checked all of my settings to make sure that everything is correct and cannot see where the problem lies. If anyone has had this problem and has any insights into how to resolve it please let me know.

bart41

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and this is a very recent problem. It appears to be since a recent update a few days ago. The only notification I receive is from the stock email app. NONE of my other apps are providing push notifications any more. I hadn't change my settings, my WiFi hasn't changed. I don't have power management switched on, I always leave my WiFi on. I noticed the issue when I left my house and the phone automatically reverted to the mobile network as I was away from my home WiFi. I suddenly received a barrage of notifications. This happens every time for the past 3 days. I've checked all of my settings to make sure that everything is correct and cannot see where the problem lies. If anyone has had this problem and has any insights into how to resolve it please let me know.

Hi i have got exactly the same problem it happened 3days ago i have not changed anything zero notifications when connected to my wifi but no problem on mobile data help!!!!

Last edited:

EdelOmbre

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
I wonder how many more of us have this problem. It's so frustrating to have to turn my WiFi off in order to receive notifications. I expect urgent contacts from people and can't afford to miss notifications. I really hope someone has a solution to this problem.

Bearsfanuk

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting exactly same issue! I thought it was just me. I have a galaxy S8... Based in Scotland... Notifications suddenly stopped when connected to WiFi a few nights ago... Really frustrating...

Bearsfanuk

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Also meant to say that I'm running the Nova Launcher... Not sure if that is a common denominator...

Update... Just changed to stock Samsung launcher and same issues

Last edited: