How to change an apps folder

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How do I switch the file path that an app uses on my phone to a different one? I want to switch my music files to m,y SD card. I am using Samsung music latest edition and a Samsung Galaxy S5.

A

Android Central Question

How do I switch the file path that an app uses on my phone to a different one? I want to switch my music files to my SD card. I am using Samsung music latest edition and a Samsung Galaxy S5.

A

Android Central Question

How do I switch the file path that an app uses on my phone to a different one? I want to switch my music files to my SD card. I am using Samsung music latest edition and a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
IF the app has a setting for the folder it uses, switch it there. If it doesn't ... I've been developing software for 46 years and I wouldn't want to decompile an app to change a filename - not even for a great pay check. (It can be done - so can removing your eyes - I think removing your own eyes is more fun.)

Oh, and posting once is enough. Posting 100 times won't get you an answer a second faster.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I am surprised that the Samsung Music app cares at all where the music files are stored. Normally these apps read the media database to locate all the music files.

Check the security settings on for the app to see if it has the rights to access the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon