Nexus 7 2012 hard bricked (can't boot)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't know where to start with my problem.
Firstly my Nexus 7, 2012 , 5.1.1 android , nakasi- grouper version tablet was very slow. Tried all the known recovery mode options etc. but nothing really changed. So I decided to Root it .
In order to root it properly I download the wugfresh root toolkit. I knew that my USB port was quite unstable but I thought I could risk it, since I didn't have anything serious in there, and at the end of the day I was trying a clean re-installation.
Before doing anything I decided to flash the stock rom and unroot it (since I didn't know if the device was at a correct- clean factory state.... Just for the sake of it) Unfortunatelly I might also have chosen the 2013 version because I didn't really know the differences)...
Everything went well, up to the point that a cmd said that there was no device and stuck there. It was in the bootloader mode and couldn't move. I disconnected the device from the USB, pressed hard and for more than 30 secs the power button, it switched off. Then I pressed hard the power button for a long time (and after that many more times) but it never came back to life.
I tried to press any combination of buttons many times. Disconnected the battery. Actually measured it for voltage and current (everything's fine). Charged it in an alternative way. Reconnected it (several times). To no result. Dead device. I can call it hard-bricked, but to me, it's more like dead.
Any idea what went wrong and if there's any chance for this tablet to come back to life? Is it worth it? No serious data in there. Haven't backed up anything related to it.

Thanks in advance.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
My Nexus 7 2012 died 18 months ago, I put it on eBay for spares and got a fair price. At 5/6 years old I wouldn't tear my hair out trying to get it to work again. Time to move on with a nice shiny new tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34