I just got the the Samsung Galaxy S9 and so far I hate it, but it's the best phone my carrier provides on a pay per monthly deal. I hate IPhone.

SO.. I go into setting and I put notifications on silent. I have my ringer down to vibrate only.

So [impolite term deleted] am I getting notification sounds still? Do I seriously need to go to every single app and adjust it?!

All I want is pop up and vibrate. NO SOUND!
    09-10-2018 12:55 PM
    That's odd, you shouldn't have to. Setting it to Silent or Vibrate mode silences notiications, unless you set something as a Priority notification or manually changed the Notification volume slider (but if you do that it basically kicks you into Sound mode... you can check that by seeing how the speaker icon on the bar changes).

Do all apps do it? Only a certain one? If you set up Silent or Vibrate mode, does your volume slider for notifications stay down?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-10-2018 01:45 PM
    I just got the the Samsung Galaxy S9 and so far I hate it, but it's the best phone my carrier provides on a pay per monthly deal. I hate IPhone.

SO.. I go into setting and I put notifications on silent. I have my ringer down to vibrate only.

So [impolite term deleted] am I getting notification sounds still? Do I seriously need to go to every single app and adjust it?!

All I want is pop up and vibrate. NO SOUND!
    Did you check this box?
    Attached Thumbnails How [impolite term deleted] do I turn off sound notifications on samsung galaxy s9?-5403.jpg  
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-10-2018 02:09 PM
    Did you check this box?
    And the custom exceptions:
    Attached Thumbnails How [impolite term deleted] do I turn off sound notifications on samsung galaxy s9?-5404.jpg  
    09-10-2018 02:12 PM
    Just another way of going about it, dunno what will work best for you (shrug)
    09-10-2018 02:15 PM
    I went to settings - sounds and vibration - notification sounds - silent.
    I have my volume level down to vibrate.

Some did vibrate only while others made a sound. Calendar made sound. Email made sound. Random apps made sound. I can't remember or didn't keep track of what made a sound and what didn't.

I have to go under each and every app to turn this off.

Another annoying thing is when I select hide content on my lock screen for an app.. the words content hidden show up. SMH.
    Tee Are likes this.
    09-12-2018 12:24 AM
    Are you using any kind of notification-altering app? That is definitely NOT standard behavior. If you boot up into Safe Mode, do your notifications do the same?
    09-13-2018 10:40 AM
    It does seem to be "standard behavior" because my Galaxy 8, which has crashed TWICE does the same thing. Explain how the options HIDE CONTENT and DO NOT SHOW NOTIFICATIONS are different. I've selected both and my calendar reminders are still not displaying.
    10-19-2018 11:47 AM