What happened to the microphone on hangouts on my Galaxy Tab s2?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The microphone icon has disappeared from my Galaxy Tab S2 in hangouts. I forced stop and uninstalled hangouts and reinstalled it. No mic in hangouts.

I did Settings- Apps - hangouts - permissions - and turned the microphone on, then restarted my Galay Tab S2, then restarted. Still no mic.

The virtual keyboard when I go into hangouts and try to use the mic does not have the mic on it in the top list of icons (smiley, picture, camera, video, square smiley, location).

On the bottom row of the keyboard, left to right, there is the Ctrl key, the punctuation key, a smiley key with a little grayed-out mic in the upper right corner, the space bar, the globe, left arrow, right arrow.

I try to get to the little grayed-out mic on the smiley key and all I can get is a big smiley in my message.

I'm sure this is something I turned off myself but I can't figure out how to get it back. Please help this little 77 yr old lady!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which keyboard app are you using -- the Samsung Keyboard app, or Gboard, or something else? I'm not familiar with Samsung Keyboard, but with Gboard, there's an option in the keyboard's settings to toggle the Voice Input Key on or off. See if your keyboard app has a similar option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34