I have a Galaxy S7 Edge. A few days ago it was acting strange, it would constantly shut down and reboot. Before this it was fine and I didn't do anything new with it except download a game from the Google store (Bricks n Balls). A few days before this--maybe more--I got a notification that a new update for the OS (?) was available but I was at a friend's place and didn't want to do it via data. I thought maybe that could fix the issue... I plugged in my phone's power cable, turned off data and switched it to the home WiFi and began the update. Everything was fine until the phone shut down and restarted again.

Now I can't do anything with the phone. For a long time all I had was a black screen and the LED indicator light was solid blue. Now it won't turn on, no buttons get a response, nothing... Except, if I p, ug the power cable in I get a quick vibration a d it starts to boot up. After the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge screen, it goes black again. If I hold volume down + home + power I get a teal screen with the message:

---------------

WARNING

A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.
    Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

---------------

I only get this when the phone is plugged in. Otherwise, nothing... Is my phone dead? Is there anything I can do to fix this myself?
    09-11-2018 02:03 PM