I’ve just got an S9 and transferred my data over from iOS at setup. When I go into Photos on my S9 and select Albums, my albums appear for a second or two, then the app crashes and I get an error message asking me to either close the app or report the issue. It’s happeningg every single time.
    I’ve cleared the cache, closed background apps, Forced Stop, restarted the phone etc. Not sure what else to do?!
    09-11-2018 06:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this the Google Photos app, or some other stock gallery app from Samsung?

Are all of the photos on Internal Storage, or on an SD card? If the latter, I'd Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer, then back up all of the photos to the hard drive. SD cards are not that reliable, so don't use them as the sole storage for important data. You can also see if the computer has problems displaying the images.

Another thing you can try is to Clear Data from the Photos app (regardless of which one you have). This won't delete your pictures -- it will just clear the gallery's database, and the system will rebuild it as soon as you reopen the app.
    09-11-2018 11:10 PM
    Hi B Diddy, thanks for your response

Yes it’s the Google Photos App that keeps crashing

I haven’t inserted an SD card so they’re all on the internal storage

I’ve been through Settings > App > Photos > Storage > Clear Cache
    and also
    Settings > App > Photos > Storage > Clear Data

It’s still crashing when I go to the Photos app and select the Albums thumbnail at the bottom of the screen, goving me the option to either close the app or send feedback for the issue. Not really sure what else to try, I’ve been searching the Internet for answers for ages and can’t seem to find anything other than what I’ve already done 🤷🏻*♀️ argh!!

Thanks again for your post
    09-12-2018 03:32 AM
    Hi B Diddy, thanks for your response

Yes it’s the Google Photos App that keeps crashing

I haven’t inserted an SD card so they’re all on the internal storage

I’ve been through Settings > App > Photos > Storage > Clear Cache
    and also
    Settings > App > Photos > Storage > Clear Data

It’s still crashing when I go to the Photos app and select the Albums thumbnail at the bottom of the screen, goving me the option to either close the app or send feedback for the issue. Not really sure what else to try, I’ve been searching the Internet for answers for ages and can’t seem to find anything other than what I’ve already done 🤷🏻*♀️ argh!!

Thanks again for your post
    It might be best to ask this question in the S 9 forum:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...xy-s9-s9-plus/
    09-12-2018 08:35 AM
    I don't know for sure if the Photos app was preinstalled on the phone, but if it was, see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37190

Also, did you Disable any system apps in the Settings>Apps​ menu?
    09-12-2018 10:59 PM