Most of the contacts are entered on the phone and I want to sync them to my Google Account Contacts. Even if I enter new contacts via Google account, it does not sync with the phone.

on Phone:-Auto sync is ON, if I "sync now" the wheel turns but the Google account contacts are not updated.

I do not use G mail on phone or laptop.
    09-13-2018 04:22 AM
    Only Google account contacts get synced - any Phone, Device or SIM contacts don't, and never did. (And you can't change them, you have to add one as a Google Account contact, then delete the other one, or ... there's another way in the Contacts section of Backing up an Android Device. (Export them, import the exported file to the Google Account in Contacts, use the web page to merge duplicates, manually clean things up.)

As for Google Account contacts not getting updated, they should, and mine do (I added one to the phone yesterday, just checked the Contacts page on the web now - and it's there), so there must be something wrong with your phone, or your path (wifi or mobile data, whichever you're using) can't contact a Google server.
    09-13-2018 12:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- in the Contacts app, tap Menu>Customize, and make sure it's set to show all contacts (and not just a certain group or account).
    09-13-2018 05:23 PM