Hi.After my backup i did a factory reset and after that when i am trying to restore from my data only bookmarks it shows that it restored but then when i open browser in bookmarks there is no one in there.What is happening ????
    09-14-2018 03:02 PM
    Did you backup to the same place that you did your restore?
    09-14-2018 04:39 PM
    What do you mean by that???
    09-28-2018 08:47 AM
    Hi.After my backup i did a factory reset and after that when i am trying to restore from my data only bookmarks it shows that it restored but then when i open browser in bookmarks there is no one in there.What is happening ????i have android 6.0 and a rooted phone
    09-28-2018 08:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I merged your duplicate threads.

Which phone, and which browser? If you're using Chrome, look at your bookmarks in Chrome on a laptop, making sure Chrome is logged into your Google account. Do you see the bookmarks there?

How did you do the backup? If you were relying on syncing them to your Google account in the cloud, be aware that Mobile Bookmarks don't sync to your desktop Chrome -- they remain local to the phone. So if you didn't manually back up the Mobile Bookmarks somewhere, I think they get wiped with a factory reset.
    09-28-2018 10:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I merged your duplicate threads.

Which phone, and which browser? If you're using Chrome, look at your bookmarks in Chrome on a laptop, making sure Chrome is logged into your Google account. Do you see the bookmarks there?

How did you do the backup? If you were relying on syncing them to your Google account in the cloud, be aware that Mobile Bookmarks don't sync to your desktop Chrome -- they remain local to the phone. So if you didn't manually back up the Mobile Bookmarks somewhere, I think they get wiped with a factory reset.
    Hey.I have an lg h340n .i am using chrome on android and i backed up everything using lg backup.but when i try to restore them it shows that operation was successful and after a reboot there are no boomarks. What is going on
    09-29-2018 05:54 AM
    It's hard for me to say what exactly LG Backup backs up. According to LG's support site, it backs up the homescreen (presumably how your homescreens are set up), device settings, apps and contacts (https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...4708841-others). However, it doesn't specify if it backs up app data or only the list of apps that are installed (to make it easier to reinstall all of your apps. So it might not have the ability to back up the Mobile Bookmarks you created on Chrome.

In general, when you create bookmarks in Chrome on your phone, I recommend making sure the bookmark is created in (or moved to) the Bookmarks Bar or Other Bookmarks, because those bookmark folders get synced to your Google account (and therefore appear in Chrome anywhere you use it, as long as you're logged in and synced with your Google account).
    09-29-2018 05:55 PM