How to play music from my Samsung galaxy note 9 through my 2010 chevy tahoe radio

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Plugged phone into the USB port like I used to with my iPhone 7 to play music and my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 wont play music threw the radio, when I do plug it in all that comes up on the screen is device not supported does anyone know how to fix this

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately most radios don't support music from an Android (or any non-iPhone for that matter) through USB. They have Apple's proprietary protocol to do that for iDevices, but for any other one, the USB port will only work as a media storage device (so you'd only be able to play local files, just as if you were using an USB stick or old MP3 player). For this to work, though, your phone's USB mode should be set to USB Storage.

Another option is to plug it in through the AUX IN port in your radio (if available) to the phone's Headphone jack. Or use Bluetooth or if your car doesn't have any of those, purchase a BT radio transmitter. Basically your phone connects to the transmitter through BT, then that broadcast the signal to a generic FM radio station.

Tony Duncan1

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
The best phone to bluetooth device to fm radio is a Motorola Roadster. it's a standalone speaker phone that will also broadcast to any of your open FM channels on your car stereo. It's a great device!! They probably have a newer device by now with a different name look for "Bluetooth FM transmitter"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz