Hi everyone,

Whenever I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth, all of my contacts appear duplicated, so my car always "asks" me who do I want to call every time (ie. "John B. or John B.?").

I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL with a 2015 Audi A1, but the same thing happened with my previous phone (Motorola Moto X Style/Pure) with this car and with my previous one (2014 SEAT Leon).

I think this should have something to do with the way I have stored all of my contacts and not with the phones or cars I'm using, because when other people connect their phones with my car (Android or iPhone), they don't have the same problem.

Can anyone help me, please?
    09-18-2018 01:25 AM
    All your contacts should be entered as Google Account contacts, not as Phone or Device (or SIM) contacts.

If they aren't, export your contacts to a file, go into airplane mode, delete your contacts (all of them), import the file you exported to your Google account, not to Phone or Device) and turn off airplane mode. If that doesn't fix it, have someone else with a Pixel 2 or 2XL try it. If it only happens with Pixels, report it as feedback (in Settings). If it still happens on your phone, but not on others, call Google customer support - there's something wrong with your phone.
    09-18-2018 12:30 PM