I have a Nokia 7 Plus phone that, until recently, was running with the stock SMS app. The stock app defaults to Sim 2 instead of Sim 1 (ignoring set preferences) so I installed and started using Textra. At around the same time I started randomly losing messages.

In one case my phone read a message to me (a Tasker profile I have been using for ages) but when I looked at the phone it was gone. Other messages I have only found because they show up on MightyText on my PC.

I contacted Textra but they say that if the messages are not appearing on the stock app then it's not Textra that's losing them. I have no way of knowing if they're right but I can't afford to lose messages.

Any suggestions welcome!
    09-18-2018 03:17 AM
    On the Textra side, check the settings in the app to see what you have for the "messages to keep". This will auto-delete old messages based on the time limit you pick.
    09-18-2018 06:00 PM
    Textra is set to keep ALL messages. Very strange that I am just losing random messages
    09-18-2018 06:31 PM