My number is calling people in my contacts and my contacts are calling me, all the time for about 4 month. I'm not calling and they aren't calling, I have switched from at&t to Verizon
    And from iPhone to Android and the calling and receiving calls still has not stopped if anything it's got worse, 30 to 40 times a day. I've heard of spoofing but this is far beyond spoofing
    09-18-2018 01:19 PM
    Telemarketers use callerID spoofing to look like a phone number in your immediate area (figuring that you'll answer because maybe it's someone you know). I just got a call this morning - the caller said "This number just called my phone". No, I don't use the phone's number for outgoing calls, I use Hangouts Caller to call from my Google Voice number, so I know it\s impossible for my phone to have made the call. (And I live alone, and I doubt that a palmetto bug used my phone.)

It's not even a matter of getting your number - they fake a callerID that's close to the number they're calling. (I even had one fake my number when calling me - I'm calling myself?)

Educate your friends and just hang up on telemarketers. (I don't say a word, I don't slam the phone down, if the VM doesn't get the call, I just tap the hangup button and they're talking to a dead line. Being a telemarketer, if you're not a robocaller computer, requires a lot of masochism.)
    09-18-2018 03:55 PM