Separate Google Timelines

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My mom is 76 and lives by herself in Seattle, WA. She suffered a stroke a few years ago, but has made a full recovery and continue having her independence. She had me set up a Gmail account allowing her to keep in touch my sisters and her friends. I have the password and have access to re-setting her account should she forget. I, too, have a Gmail account and access it on my Smartphone, as well as view my timeline through Google maps. I live in San Jose, CA

My sisters and I had a scare a couple of years ago where we tried calling my mom at her home and on her cell phone for several days and she didn't pick up! We freaked out! An AT&T rep shared with me that if I had my mom's Gmail login info, I can actually access her timeline -- similar to how I can access my own timeline. And it worked! So now, when my mom doesn't answer her home or cell phone, I will check her timeline and see that she's at the Senior Center in Seattle, or she's at Costco, etc.

Three months ago, something weird started happening. I would access my mom's timeline through Google Maps and it'll show that she left my house in San Jose, CA and drove 1,501 miles to Costco in Seattle, and is now back at my house at the end of the day. Apparently, it's blending my location with my mom's location.

Does anyone have a quick resolution to this?