To find the address of my destination, I often have to open Facebook, or check a text I received via Google Voice. But when I turn on my Chevy Volt, the display of my phone fills with the words "Android Auto".

I try swiping it away. But when I click the home button again, "Android Auto" fills the display. Sometimes I have to swipe a few times; it keeps getting in the way!

What's more, when the car is on, my Android phone becomes much slower, and apps like Facebook and Google Voice take longer to open.

If I have ten seconds at a red light, I need to open apps quickly and easily. This frustration is the reason I'm considering switching to an iphone, even though I rely heavily on Google apps and prefer the Android operating system.
    09-19-2018 01:31 PM
    Prepare the info before starting the car. The entire point of Android Auto is reduced distraction while driving. Allowing you to access apps that are not included in Android Auto defeats that purpose. One thing you can do is not connect your phone to your car until you've set up navigation (I believe you can even set up navigation BEFORE AA starts then it just picks it up once AA starts), you can also set your phone to not start AA automatically when it connects to the car's Bluetooth, get yourself set up then start AA manually.

I'll clue you in - you'll have similar frustrations with CarPlay as it has a similar purpose.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    tlevine likes this.
    09-19-2018 02:25 PM
    Thanks. I'm already a member but I wasn't logged in before. Now I am. This is helpful!
    09-19-2018 04:35 PM