Up until recently I could use android auto to play any song by any artist as I have a Google play subscription. I would simply say "play Drake" and all of his songs would shuffle. Now if I say that via android auto it only plays the songs in my library ie the ones I downloaded before getting my subscription. If I go down the route of opening Google assistant on my phone and saying "ok google play Drake" it will do it properly and play all his songs but when I'm in the car using android auto it doesn't work. Oddly if I say an artist who isn't in my library it WILL play all their songs via my Google play subscription. So it appears to be defaulting to my library first and then going to the whole of Google play after. Any ideas on how to get it to default to the entire Google catalogue?

Thanks
    09-19-2018 02:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Interesting -- the help page says that unless you say "Ok Google, play Drake from my library," it's supposed to default to the subscription service. What happens if you say, "Ok Google, play Drake on Google Play Music"?
    09-21-2018 05:34 PM