Hi! After a week of searching and messing around I'm convinced the Meitu M8 is the devil in a phone. It is so aggressive with its battery optimization. I had to use a shortcut loader to even find the battery optimization since it was hidden lol, and then when I actually access it it shows only 2 apps my phone's download manager and google play services. I went crazy uninstalling all the bloatware through adb but I can't for the life of me figure out why no other apps are showing up in battery optimization - I have a lot and all of them are being force closed. No protection options and again no way to access a battery optimization option.

Battery saving is just a Meitu screen that when pressed on gives you the option to dim the screen, weaken wifi, and I don't know what other garbage but it was useless and I removed it hoping that was the issue but it wasn't.
    09-19-2018 03:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Chinese manufacturers are notorious for this kind of aggressive RAM/battery optimization, because they think battery life is the most important thing about a phone. Huawei is the most prominent manufacturer that does this kind of thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Meitu follows their lead. This kind of thing is at the firmware level, so there's probably not much you can do besides search for any custom ROM someone might have developed for this specific phone that addresses the issue.
    09-21-2018 05:31 PM