I have an LG Stylo 2 that the screen has stopped working. I got a new Stylo 4 and tried to sync my contacts. I only managed to get 8 out of around 70. The Geek Squad told me the problem is that when I created new contacts I was saving them to the phone instead of my Gmail account. I can still access the old phone's directory with my pc. Is there any way I can get the contact info with the screen being dead
    09-19-2018 03:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Contacts saved to the Phone Account are stored in an SQLite database in a protected system directory, so even if you could access the phone's storage via USB connection with a PC, you wouldn't have access to that directory (and it also wouldn't be a simple .vcf or .csv file that you could import into Outlook or Google Contacts).

Unfortunately, that phone doesn't support Slimport or MHL (the standard for connecting via USB to HDMI), which might have allowed you to see the screen on a TV, and if the touchscreen still worked, you could still navigate to the contacts. If the contacts are important, and you never backed them up anywhere manually, then you'd have to get the screen replaced. This is one of the main reasons I always recommend taking advantage of Google Contacts (or any other cloud contact storage solution, as long as the syncing or backup is automatic).
    09-21-2018 05:25 PM