Am currently having to top up my note 9 before my day ends sometimes as I sleep late and I'm a heavy user so I'm worried the battery might not last for a long time.

At what percentage should you avoid your phone battery from falling below?
    09-21-2018 10:46 AM
    Normally you charge at 40%, and you stop charging at 80% for longest battery life. If you're really worried about oversleeping and use the phone as an alarm, and your phone can take Magisk, install that, then the Magisk Charging Switch, and set mcs to 80 40, and just leave the charger lugged in all night. At 80%, the charging stops and if the battery ever falls below 40% it starts again.

How many times can you charge the battery? The lifespan is kind of related to the total amount of current going into the battery, so at what points you start and stop the charge are more important.
    09-21-2018 12:42 PM
    I see..thank you. However in the morning I'm out for a full day and I wouldn't want to leave the house at 80%, considering that I dont often want to bring along a portable charger.

Normally I start charging again at 20-30% as I heard that letting your battery fall too low is not that good.

And I charge around twice a day as my phone probably needs a top up during the evening or at night a few hours before my bed time. Any thoughts on my charging pattern?
    09-21-2018 02:37 PM
    I see..thank you. However in the morning I'm out for a full day and I wouldn't want to leave the house at 80%, considering that I dont often want to bring along a portable charger.

Normally I start charging again at 20-30% as I heard that letting your battery fall too low is not that good.

And I charge around twice a day as my phone probably needs a top up during the evening or at night a few hours before my bed time. Any thoughts on my charging pattern?
    Normally I go for 40-50% before charging with a new device. I swear sometimes my Galaxy S8 battery is like new and I've had this device since launch.
    09-21-2018 02:45 PM
    20% is definitely too low. Carry a power pack with you, and plug into that when you get down to 40%. (And the same rule applies - jeep the power pack between 40% and 80%. It's just a lithium battery and some extra parts.)

Gendo, my Note 3 battery is still pretty good - and it's going to be 5 years old next month. (Even NiMH batteries can be made to last. My V-550 battery, circa 2004, is still pretty good. The phone is useless now, because it's locked to AT&T and can't do 3G voice, but the battery outlived the usefulness of the phone.)

note1note9, if you keep charging to 100%, you'll lose a little lifetime, not much. But if you keep discharging to 20%, you'll lose a lot more. Battery University has some graphs you can use to figure out what the best charging pattern is. With your use, I'd say MCS is almost mandatory, so I hope that Magisk runs on your phone. Then set it to 80 40 and leave it connected to a power pack as long as you like. If it's down when you go to sleep, plug the charger in (and leave the phone on).

With your charging pattern need, I'd say that you need something other than a lithium battery for power - but there's no alternative yet.
    09-21-2018 03:26 PM
    Will keep in mind the 40% rule and download Magisk to try. Thank you

Hope my note 9 battery will last me a long time! Love this device
    09-21-2018 09:38 PM