fail flashing stock rom

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hello guys i tried to flash stock rom in SM-J710FN(nougat rom) cause i had it rooted and i want to unroot it(other methods are not working) so i decided to flash stock rom via odin.But when i tried to flash it it was saying bootloader error fail 0/1 and in phone i saw download screen and it was saying under knox tripped bootloader error.How can i fix this and flash the stock rom?Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First "Knox Tripped" is fixed text - is it 0 or 1? 0 is "not tripped".

Second, only a bootloader error? I'd try flashing it again. If that doesn't work (making sure that you have the F ROM not a J710S or J710V or something else), I'd download it again, from some site that includes the MD5 or SHA<whichever> hash and check the file against the hash first before flashing it. (Free MD5/SHA verification programs are all over the web). If the hash checks (it usually does, but I've had a few downloads [in decades] that have failed, meaning a bad download) then flash it, but if it fails, download the file again.

The worst case is that the bootloader partition itself (hardware) is bad, and that means a new motherboard. But since you just had a ROM in it (the rooted one) that booted, that seems unlikely. A bad flash is more likely. A bad download is less likely than a bad flash, but still more likely than a bad partition.

xxbenikxx

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
my log when i tried to flash stock rom. what to do?

hello guys thats the log when i have tried to flash stock rom to sm-j710fn what can i do to fix it and flash normally the file? thanks

Odin engine v(ID:3.13.01)...
File analysis...
Total binary size 2739 M
Setup connection...
Intialzation...
Get PIT for mapping...
Firmware update starts...
NAND write start!!
SingleDownload.
sboot.bin
cm.bin
FAIL!

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed.(succed 0/ failed 1)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my log when i tried to flash stock rom. what to do?

First, make sure you have the ROM for the J710FN, not some slightly different model.

Then flash it again.

xxbenikxx

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
guys thanks for your support i have maded it succeesful :) i have unrooted my phone so thanks,the problem was that developers have
written that my phone was j710fn but it was j710f so i installed the software for j710f and voila :)