Pop up ads on Samsung S9+

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi

I am experiencing the same pop up ads on my samsung S9+ since last week.

I have only installed 1 app last week and have deleted it of my phone again to see if that is where the problem was but the pop ups still appears on my phone.

from all the notes and comments I think it isn't caused by an app that was installed but rather an app that we all have on our samsungs that was updated that is causing this problem. I Have even installed the Malware anti virus app free trial as suggested, and restarted my phone after running the scan and cleared all the errors that there was and yet the problem persist.

Please Sumsung is going to have to look into this as a matter of urgency as this is a big problem and frustration.

Regards
Chantel

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: POP up ads on Samsung

Unfortunately no, it doesn't come from pre-installed apps. It IS something you installed, and it's not necessarily an app you JUST installed. Some apps force the setting for ads after an update, so even if you've had the app with no issues for a while, one update can cause these to appear.

Run the phone in Safe Mode. This stops all 3rd party apps from loading at boot. Your ads should disappear while in Safe Mode, which tells you it's NOT a stock app causing this.

QualifiedNoob346

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

DO NOT PANIC. You don't have to reset your phone.

It seems as if you've accidentally installed some ad-ware. This is malware that shows ads. It should be easy to fix.

1. Go to settings>apps and notifications>app info (This may be slightly different on your phone. If in doubt, use the settings search).

2. Scroll down the list and look for any suspicious apps, but first check the bottom of the list. Android ad-ware is normally shown as a white app with no title (because it's in alphebetical order it will be at the bottom). If this is the case, press it and delete it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995