When viewing a page on Google chrome, if I want to go to a different page, the screen goes black and has a small cross in the top left hand corner.if I hit this, it goes back to the home page for Google.
    09-25-2018 11:02 AM
    Could you please clarify your problem? You'll have to create an account here to reply, but your title and post don't match up.

Regarding hardware acceleration, I'm not aware of such a setting in android. If it does exist, it has zero to do with how Chrome behaves.

What are you doing in Chrome that causes the screen to go black? That sounds almost like you closed the page tab, and the cross (more accurately, a "plus" sign) is likely the button to add a new page tab. That's why it would go to Google's home page. If you are wanting to navigate via the url input, scroll the current page up by dragging your finger down on the screen. This will make the url bar drop down. If you are trying to access a bookmark, doing this also shows a menu button to the right of the url bar. Pressing that has the bookmarks option.
    09-25-2018 11:23 AM