I've a motorola g6 play and whenever I restart my phone I get the message "android system sandisk sd card for transferring photos and media explore eject". IF the card is never removed from the phone then why would it keep checking or unmounting/remounting?? The reason I ask is my music player has to rescan everytime due to the phone remounting the card every time
    09-25-2018 11:38 AM
    For the reason you stated - Media Scan runs every time you start or restart. It doesn't assume that you didn't remove the card and change things. (And everything but the system has to be mounted at a boot or reboot [the system is "mounted" by the boot process, so it's not considered "mountable"] - that's how the operating system that Android runs on, Linux, works.)
    09-25-2018 05:33 PM
    But I've never had a problem with my previous phones (last one was galaxy s7) I don't mind the checking/mounting or unmounting but every restart I have to rescan for media in rocket player which I never had to do.
    09-26-2018 03:49 AM
    Try another media player like poweramp.
    I use Isyncer to sync and in the options there is a setting to scan on startup. Perhaps Rocket Player has the same option?
    09-26-2018 06:43 AM
    Yeah rocket player has the option to rescan for media when a change is detected but now each time the phone is restarted RP has no media files until it rescans. This never happened before unless I removed the SD or added new songs. I hope I'm making some sense here 😁
    09-26-2018 11:15 AM
    Try another media player like poweramp.
    I use Isyncer to sync and in the options there is a setting to scan on startup. Perhaps Rocket Player has the same option?
    I've tried your suggestion Tony but after a reboot the only file in rocket player is a WhatsApp . Mp4 file for some reason. I have to rescan which takes about 1 hour (there's 10,500 songs)
    I tried your suggestion to try poweramp and the files are in the library after the reboot but it shows the error "file is missing, rescan" which only takes seconds.
    09-28-2018 02:49 AM
    Poweramp has the same issue as Rocket player, it has to rescan after every reboot BUT the rescan takes RP an hour compared to 20 seconds for Poweramp.
    Just spotted something else strange too, Google play music doesn't have any of these issues, files were there after the reboot and played, no scanning or rescanning. Coincidence or what??? This is the trial version of course and only €10 per month thereafter
    09-28-2018 03:06 AM
    Can anyone tell me why my SD card behaves like this in my moto g6 play? This as found in a fault log of rocket player

" Mid-way in starting, your SD card changes names in the system. It goes from:
    /storage/44413745-2d36-3638-4400-50b2400050b2
    to
    /storage/44413745-2d36-3638-4400-90b0400090b0"

After trying multiple restarts I see that the end of that long number changes every time.

Any ideas??
    10-02-2018 11:28 AM
    Badly programmed SD card. Try taking it out, mounting it in a PC, copying the whole card, then reformatting it. Then copy everything back, put it back in the phone and see if you still get the error.

If you do, what you do next depends on the card manufacturer. SanDisk? SanDisk microSD Tech Support live chat at the upper right - they'll replace the card.

Samsung? It's guaranteed, but you'll probably be on the phone a long time.

Anyone else? You let us know how they do.
    10-02-2018 12:26 PM
    Cheers Rukbat, I've already tried a few formats on both my laptop and in the phone but it still happens. I'll try SanDisk and let you know how I get on.
    10-02-2018 03:14 PM
    This is the reply from SanDisk
    Please be informed that the issue that you are referring to does not seem to be with the memory card as the card does not have any software or program installed that would alter the name of the files.
    They also asked me to try an alternative card which I did and the same thing happened so I'm on to Motorola now.
    10-04-2018 02:07 PM
    At least you were able to diagnose where the problem is.

BTW, an hour to do a rescan says that something is making the phone think that a file in the SD card is looped back on itself (the "next" pointer points back to a previous sector, the scan goes there, keeps scanning, gets to the bad sector, goes back, over and over. Eventually it reads the pointer correctly and continues with the scan.)
    10-04-2018 04:39 PM