A screen filter that is not blue light filter more of a brownish screen filter

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was in Google books app reading to my son and and option for a filter to make it easier to read appeared I toggled it and it did make it easier to read. Now I want to turn it off and have not seen an option to do so nowhere in the settings. I reset all my settings to default and this brownish screen still remains. When screen is off for a few minutes and I wake it up, for a moment the beautiful default screen shows then this brownish filter applies itself within a second. Need help locating this filter and turning it off.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That does sound like the Night Light (which is the blue-light filter... the result is an amber-looking screen). In Books, while reading something, tap a page and you should see some options pop up. On the top right corner tap the Formatting button (looks like a couple of letters). There you should see the option to turn Night Light on/off or go to its settings to set a schedule, etc.

Jen Travis

Sep 27, 2018
Visit site
I was in Google books app reading to my son and and option for a filter to make it easier to read appeared I toggled it and it did make it easier to read. Now I want to turn it off and have not seen an option to do so nowhere in the settings. I reset all my settings to default and this brownish screen still remains. When screen is off for a few minutes and I wake it up, for a moment the beautiful default screen shows then this brownish filter applies itself within a second. Need help locating this filter and turning it off.

Jen Travis

Sep 27, 2018
Visit site
Found it!!! Go to read your book. Tap on the top of the page until you get the options to search, contents, display options (Aa) & more options. Click on the display options. You may need to click on settings which should show you the night light. Uncheck it to run automatically.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site