Why can nobody hear me when making a call on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time I make a call on my huawei mate 10 pro device (running Oreo 8.0), I'm playing Russian roulette as to whether the recipient is going to hear me! I'm on my 4th handset after experiencing this problem on each device I've had. I've reviewed various threads and have reset my handset, adjusted the microphone permissions, etc, etc, etc. I don't feel constant tinkering is acceptable (I'm sure others agree!!!). Just wondering if anyone has a quick fix to this problem to save another trip back to my provider? Other than the unpredictable calling function, this is a great handset. Any suggestions?!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel constant tinkering is acceptable (I'm sure others agree!!!).
Definitely. I have a fingerprint problem like that (to enter a fingerprint, I have to place just the right finger in just the right way - and tech support agrees with me that it's not acceptable - they just haven't found the problem yet. But having to jump through hoops for something normal isn't acceptable.

Just wondering if anyone has a quick fix to this problem to save another trip back to my provider?
Does speakerphone work reliably? If it's only the internal mic that doesn't work, you could be filling the hole with lint if you keep the phone in a pocket.

If speakerphone (which uses a different mic) is also intermittent, I'd say to keep using up their stock until they complain up the line. (It costs them every time they replace your phone.)

Eng Kwee

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. I brought it back to Huawei once, and they changed the motherboard for me. That was about 3 months back. Now it has happened again.

This time round, I usually have to call twice in order for the other party to hear me. And even though they can hear me, it seems that they can't hear me clearly. I always have to repeat what I say several times.

Someone posted a similar problem in another forum for a Huawei P10.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/help/huawei-p10-calling-problem-t3748514

A solution was to enable the Virtual HD call setting. I just turned it on, will test it out later