So I get too many text messages from certain people. I want to keep getting notifications for text messages just not from specific contacts. On my old Iphone I could set people to do not disturb, but I haven't been able to figure out a way on my LGK7. I found under editing a person's contact that you could set their notification sound to silence so I was happy about that, but my phone still vibrates when they text me so I don't know what it did. Any apps or settings I don't know about that would help me silence specific contacts on my LGK7 would be greatly appreciated.
    09-27-2018 10:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Open the Contacts app and mark all of the contacts for which you want to be notified as "favorites" (typically, that's done by opening each contact card and tapping the star symbol in the upper-right portion of the card). Then, go to the phone's Do Not Disturb settings (unfortunately, I don't have a K7 so I can't point you to the exact spot in the menu tree, but it's usually under Sounds and Notifications or something like that), and change the settings such that you only receive notifications from favorites while DND is enabled.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2018 02:17 PM