Mosture detection damage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Does it do damage to your phone or your phones baterry or the charger port to plug it in while moisture is detected? Does it do damage of anysor. I have a galaxy s7 and im not leaving it plugged in but im curious to see if pluging it in for that five seconds can do damage to the phone

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Not a question I would think to ask, nor one I have the answer to as I wouldn't do it.

But if you decide to, please report back so other inquisitive types could possibly benefit from your curiosity.

Best wishes...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on where the moisture is being detected, but if you had the phone in the bathroom when you were taking a shower, or went from a day of being in the hot humid outside, directly into a really cool inside (I'm talking about air conditioning turned up), the hot humid air in the phone gets chilled and the moisture condenses all over the inside of the phone. (The same with the bathroom - no phone is steam-resistant.)

I'd wait to plug the charger in until the phone had dried out. It needs a charge right now? No, it needs to be charged or turned off right now, so turn it off for a few hours. (And letting the battery get low enough that it needs to be charged right now is a good way to kill the battery - don't let it drop below 40% before charging it or turning it off if you want the battery to last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech