hi i was wondering if you can help me im trying to download from my homenetwork on my s8 i had a s5 and ill i had to do was go to my files settings and scan for nearby devices it was great but as far as i can see the s8 doesnt not support this function anybody got any work arounds for it thanks in advance
    10-01-2018 06:11 PM
    You can run ES File Explorer with the SMB addon, or run any SMB app. (SMB is a file protocol by Microsoft.)

If you want to transfer files from/to a Windows computer, you can run WiFi File Transfer or something similar, run a web browser on the computer, and transfer files in either direction. Or you can plug the S8 into the computer's USB port - it will show up as a drive on the computer. (Transferring files is the same as always - drag&drop - but don't try moving files on the phone to another folder on the phone by using Windows. Sometimes it works well, but sometimes you can fly to Paris for a long meal before it finishes.)
    10-02-2018 04:08 PM