I have changed my primary google email address. Now I know how to transfer my phone contacts but what about everything else?

Photos and music can be backed up to my PC. But what about apps (inc. a few paid ones), files, calendar and memos?

I have a Galaxy S8 and was hoping I could use Smart Switch (PC version) to back up the old google account and to restore it to the new but I don't think the restore works unless it's the same account?
    10-02-2018 04:19 AM
    Apps themselves can't be transferred, the license to use them is tied to the account that was used to download them originally. You would need to remove the app then reinstall it using the new account, and repurchase any purchased apps. If you have any purchased apps that remain but update after the change is made, they will look for the old account in order to update.

The app data itself? I'm not sure how that would work. I suppose if you switch which account is backing up your data it would work for you but I can't be certain.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-02-2018 04:43 AM
    I posted the question...

So if I can't back up apps what about memos, calendar and the files folder containing any downloads?
    10-02-2018 05:51 AM
    Welcome.

You should be able to export your calendar from the old account and import it to the new, much like you did contacts. You can do this on https://calendar.google.com , but this also assumes you're using the Google calendar and not and un-synced calendar through the calendar app on, say, a Samsung device.

Downloads on the phone, unless you reset the phone, shouldn't go anywhere.

I'm not sure about memos as different apps will handle them differently. For example - I use Google Keep for portability, sync across devices, constant backup, but if I were to change Google accounts they'd all be gone unless I back up my Keep data from the old account and restore to the new one. You'd have to look into this with the app that you use for memos/notes.
    10-02-2018 06:18 AM
    The easiest way, for phones that will handle the same things (for example, only Samsung phones will handle S-Notes) is to put both the old and the new Google accounts on them.

As for paid apps, if you email the developers, you can probably get the registration switched over to the new account. I'd do it if I were still writing software for anyone but myself. One registration, one account, but it wouldn't matter to me which account that was.
    10-02-2018 05:00 PM