Why is my battery life draining so fast?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have activated the power saving mode, I have deactivated the wifi, the mobile data, the location and ecc.. but I'm still getting pretty bad battery life. The estimated time of my battery in power saving mode (when it's 100%) says that it's going to last for 14hrs, which is pretty bad since I have everything deactivated.. Usually it should be 14hrs when the power saving mode is off..

detmek

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Actually, Accubattery app suggests that one should charge battery up to 80% for the longest battery life. And should not discharge it completely, best to 40% but you can go lower, to 20%.
Charging battery to 100% heats battery a lot and heat is bad for battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Although it's true that you can prolong lithium battery lifespan by keeping the charge level between 80% and 40%, it's generally impractical to only operate within that range for most users. I wouldn't say that charging to 100% is bad per se. The phone should be able to control the charging behavior to prevent the battery from heating up. Above 90%, the charge rate has already dropped significantly, and by the time you're up to around 99%, it's essentially a trickle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC