I've got a 3 year old Samsung S6 Edge Plus that's on its last legs and I'd love to be able to move my pics to probably my laptop.
    10-04-2018 06:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! My recommendation would be to take advantage of Google Photos auto-backup: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en. Just keep the phone plugged in and connected to wi-fi, and make sure it's set to High Quality (not Original Quality), since High Quality gives you unlimited storage. Then let it sit for probably a few hours as it uploads every photo.

If you don't want to use a cloud solution, then connect the phone to your laptop via USB, swipe down the notification panel, and tap the USB icon. Select MTP, then open Windows Explorer and open the phone there. You'll find the photos taken by the camera in /DCIM/Camera. You could use the Windows Explorer "Import Photos/Videos" option, but I usually recommend against it, because it imports every image on the phone, including cached images used by apps, so there may be a lot of junk copied over. It's better to manually select the photos and drag/drop them to the hard drive. The one caveat here is that copying over a massive number of files in one batch can increase the risk for data errors and corrupted files, so it's a good idea to limit the batches to maybe 100 photos or so.
    10-05-2018 02:18 AM