I just got a new update for my LG G5 today and it is horrible. Everything that I did with my phone the day before worked just fine and now this update today its making everything on my phone drain the battery like crazy! What did you guys add that is doing this? I have disabled so many more apps now that were fine before this update just trying to keep the battery from going down by 2% every couple of minutes
    BBreuer likes this.
    10-05-2018 04:51 AM
    Try Change application sync settings,Lower screen brightness and timeout duration,Toggle from 4G to 2G,
    Turn off background data,Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot,Uninstall unused apps.
    10-05-2018 05:34 AM
    What did you guys add that is doing this?
    We, here at AndroidCentral, added nothing. AndroidCentral is not affiliated with Android or manufacturers in any way. AndroidCentral is simply a community of Android enthusiasts.

Your gripe is with LG, but also consider that after updates the phone and OS need to get a fresh "lay of the land" in order to have optimized battery life. This is one mistake some people make - jumping to conclusions - give it a few days or so.

Some things you can try? Review the battery optimization section to be sure it's set up right. Wipe the cache partition. Nuclear option - factory data reset (which does NOT restore the original OS), some devices just don't take in-place updates as well as others and just need to start from scratch.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-05-2018 06:12 AM