My phone got wet from rain and it switched off. But when i turned it on the touch isn't responding but it works.. line the alarm and all.. But when i connect it to my pc the drive shows up and the phone get charged up too.. but the storage isn't showing or detecting.. it says the drive is empty.. help me
    10-05-2018 12:22 PM
    It's too late. First the phone got wet, then you electrocuted it by charging it. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. Alcohol might help, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Rahulthatsme likes this.
    10-05-2018 01:39 PM
    Like i said.. it turns on. It even reads my sd card but the pc isn't reading the internal storage.. god i just eant the data in it..
    10-05-2018 03:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In order for the PC to read the phone's storage, the phone's screen has to be unlocked, and the USB connection has to be set to MTP. Both require the touchscreen to work. You could try using a basic USB mouse connected via OTG cable to unlock the screen and then see if there's a system setting that will change the default USB connection to MTP. This might not be possible -- most phones give you that option only when it's connected via USB to the PC.
    Rahulthatsme likes this.
    10-05-2018 10:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In order for the PC to read the phone's storage, the phone's screen has to be unlocked, and the USB connection has to be set to MTP. Both require the touchscreen to work. You could try using a basic USB mouse connected via OTG cable to unlock the screen and then see if there's a system setting that will change the default USB connection to MTP. This might not be possible -- most phones give you that option only when it's connected via USB to the PC.
    Hey man.. i think it is in MTP mode. I'll try the wireless mouse idea. Since it have some private data I can't trust others on it. So its an issue. Anyway thanks for replying man.. This is great tho im new to this. I'm liking it already.. I'll let you guys know if the works or not.. and tnx again. Man i jusy want the data back. And some photos that have really high emotional value
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-06-2018 08:46 AM
    Good luck! In the future, to avoid this kind of mishap for your important photos, consider taking advantage of Google Photos auto-backup: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en
    10-06-2018 10:43 AM
    Ok buddy tnx a lot
    10-07-2018 02:02 AM
    Man this worked 😍 i copied all if the data and i think the board is fine. The touch is the only thing that got busted Anyway tnx a lot guys. Both of you. Tnx a lot
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-07-2018 11:58 AM
    That's great! But keep in mind that if you were manually copying folders/files from the user-accessible directories, that doesn't include any contacts that were saved to the Phone account only.
    10-07-2018 12:27 PM