I want to text or message other people with someone knowing
    10-06-2018 07:01 AM
    What someone?
    10-06-2018 08:02 AM
    No one will know with any texting app - the security is up to the way you use your phone (use it in an area with a lot of hackers and someone may be hacking 2G), and your carrier. (And the way the recipient uses his phone - opening a text in a crowd is one way for everyone to read your texts.)

You can use an encrypted message app - but the other person has to be using the same app - Gizmodo has a list of them.

But for being able to text anyone - texts are sent "plain text" - they're not encrypted in any way, so if someone captures the signal your phone is transmitting, and decrypts the inherent encryption cellphones use, they can read your texts.

Don't worry about the average hacker doing that, though - it takes a lot more than computer hacking to receive a cellphone signal and put it together - normally (like with a scanner) it's just noise.

And if the hacker hacks into your phone, he can see what you're typing as you type it, so no encryption will do anything.

But the usual "route" for a "hacker is human engineering. They see part f a sentence you texted someone else and comment on it. When you question them, they claim to have hacked into your phone and can see everything you do on it. What they hacked into was your mind - they convinced you that they hacked into your phone. I'd say that's about 99.99% of the "someone hacked my phone" complaints I've seen.
    10-06-2018 02:20 PM