Have to keep opening back and removing battery to restart!
    I replaced a broken touchscreen+lcd and everything works fine...
    but when the power button is pushed -and also when it goes to "sleep" as normal... the touch screen is inactivated and re-pressing the power button does not activate it. Ive tried all the normal lock screen settings and searched net but no answer. It stays awake 30 mins as in settings. Screen lock is off etc.
    This is the second time Ive replaced screen and it was same problem before but last time I found answer on net - not this time though. It was not a hardware problem but just some setting or similar program-related thing.
    10-06-2018 11:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you do the repair yourself, or did you bring it to a shop? It sure sounds like a a hardware issue. Does it happen in Safe Mode as well? https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-...018-safe-mode/
    10-07-2018 01:30 PM
    ok I worked it out finally. Just for anyones future reference. Yep it was a hardware thing. It was because of a tiny wire out of place in the little flat socket which connects the smaller touchscreen "wires"/plastic-card thing to the main circuit board at the plug/slot to the left of the lower left hand side of the battery.
    I looked and saw the "first" or lowest wire in the plug socket was bent a bit. I just poked it with the tiny screwdriver and bent it back to straight position and it no longer crossed over and presumably touched the "wire" which must relate to the power off button/touchscreen.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-26-2018 05:45 PM