Hi all, new to Android and just got a P20 pro. Having a few issues with notifications.

1) on my iPhone I could have a notification come up from what’sapp on my lock screen with the name of who sent me a message but not message preview. Ie ‘1 new message from John’ It seems on here I can either have no info other than a new WhatsApp message but no name, or the name and message preview. Is there a way to just have the notification come up as ‘1 new message from John’ so I know who is sending but you can’t read any preview of the message on my lock screen?

2) On my gmail app for example I would have the red badge on the icon if I had any unread emails. This only now seems to come up when I have a new one, not if I have one from yesterday for example but haven’t read it yet. The red dot was a good way to remind me I still had unread emails. Is this the same?

3) and finally! Can I edit the badge at all? Like on iPhone where the number on the badge told me how many new notifications there were it multiple?

Thanks so much for any help!
    10-09-2018 03:35 PM