I am trying to clean unused apps as much possible to free space on my phone. Then I saw along the apps is named "essential apps". Usually I won't dare touch any system processes as I don't want to ruin my phone, but what catches me is I have the choice to uninstall it. Isn't it if the phone requires it, it will just give you the option to disable? That's what I originally planned to do, disable it and see what changes it makes but unfortunately I can't. Only uninstall.

That's why I'm wondering what is the use for it or it's just another irrelevant apps that takes up battery and RAM. Is it safe if I would just uninstall it?

My phone is Huawei Nova 2i and I upgraded it to Oreo and Emui 8.0.0
    10-09-2018 10:10 PM
    Welcome to the forums. In that same screen (settings - apps - essential) scroll all the way down and see what shows up under 'app details'. If it's listed as installed from the Play Store tap on that option and see what you get.
    10-09-2018 10:18 PM
    "Google" apps can't be uninstalled, just Disabled. but before you "disable' a google app or an app that can't be uninstalled - 1st go to> App info > All apps > (for ex. Docs) > Storage > "clear cache" > then: clear data > (back < button) > "Force stop" > "Disable" |

also, if you notice: Memory is not being use and either is Battery - so Apps that you don't use or have restarted your phone, the phone has very good memory (RAM) management and Battery management.

I was also concerned about Battery and RAM usage on apps that I don't use and cannot uninstall, but as I just stated, those apps aren't using either resource.

Mostly apps that you install yourself - might be RAM hogs, for me the only app thats a RAM hog is Podbean (even when not using it) - but you can force stop and then; switch OFF -> not allow to run in background when not in use.

fyi: apps that I have disabled: Facebook, Instagram, LG SmartWorld - I have no other bloatware...
    10-09-2018 10:46 PM
    1st go to> App info > All apps > (for ex. Docs) > Storage > "clear cache" > then: clear data > (back < button) > "Force stop" > "Disable"
    The order Force stop>clear cache>clear data might be better, because before you stop the app, after you clear cache or data, the app may write something to them. Then you have to re-enable the app to stop it and clear the data again.
    10-10-2018 03:04 PM