Why can I receive MMS messages from some phones and not others?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a samsung galaxy A8, and previously a samsung j3 and a galaxy prime. All 3 of these phones did the same thing. I can send and receive texts and picture messages to and from people with iphones, however they cannot send me the picture message. Text messages are not an issue as I get those just fine. Other people I know for sure have received the exact same picture and they do not have iphones so it is not an imessage thing. Is it something to do with my number? I tried to deregister the number with iphone but I have no idea if someone before me used my number on an iphone. I have never had an iphone and have had this number for about 10 years. I have never been able to get iphone picture messages. Also recently , 2 people that I know have sent me picture messages and I have not got them at all. I asked if they had iphones and they did not. My phone does not even register that they were sent to me so I didn't even know that anything was sent except for a follow up text. I don't know what to change on my phone to fix this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Is this an unlocked Galaxy A8, or did you purchase it from your mobile carrier? Can you send MMS?

Are you able to access the internet in a browser (Chrome or Samsung Internet)?

Make sure your APN is configured for your mobile network. There are settings associated with the APN that may affect your ability to send and/or receive MMS.

What is an APN, and how do I change it?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance