So, my phone fell from my desk ( which is like 1 meter tall ) on it's screen, on tiles. At first it was ok and everything was working. Then, 10 mins later, a small black dot appeared at the left corner of the screen, it also had something purple around it. I got worried but thought it will stay that way. But no. It started growing, purple dots appeared, it looked like a purple liquid or something. The whole screen was purple, then it slowly turned blue, I couldn't really see much, but the touch & sound were working. 8 hours after it fell, the screen turned completely black. I thought it's totally dead but no, the phone recognized my finger and opened. So, it's working but I can't see anything ( light indicators and the BACK and RECENTLY USED... uh i'm not sure if those are their names, I mean the 2 things placed on the 2 sides of the HOME BUTTON, aren't working either ) what's the problem and how much could the repair cost? Thanks!
    10-10-2018 09:43 AM
    It will need repair, at what cost I don’t know.
    10-10-2018 12:03 PM
    The phone needs at least a new screen. (The L in LCD stands for Liquid - it's contained in tiny tubes. Evidently all the tubes in yours shattered, spilling the liquid - the purple stuff.)

If the motherboard cracked due to the drop, you'll need that replaced too. There's no estimating the price - if there's a uBreakiFix near you (I think that's limited to the US), ask them. If not, ask Samsung. (Samsung doesn't fix, they send you a factory refurbished phone.)

In any event, connect the phone to your PC and back up everything you can. (The first step in a repair is a full wipe - just to make sure that the employee doesn't copy any of your data. In my shops, it used to an instant "let's go to the door - you're fired" offense to see someone working on a phone that wasn't wiped. If he copied data, I'd be the one to get sued.)
    10-10-2018 05:51 PM