Android pushed ver. 8 on my BB Keyone phone and now EMAILS no longer work in my Honda Civic.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Android pushed version 8 on my blackberry keyone phone and now my feature for displaying EMAILS no longer works in my 2016 Honda Civic. i tried another BB phone of the same with previous Android OS and works fine.
here is what i have observed; when you check the bluetooth advance settings the previous android version 7.1.1 shows the following; (MAP) parameters to check or uncheck; phone audio, media audio, contacts sharing, message access.
Now with the newer android version 8 ; phone calls, media audio, HD audio:ACC, contacts sharing, text messages.
so why was message access removed and replaced with only text messages. i do still receive text messages but not my emails. does this mean i no longer can view my emails using my in-car features?
i will describe what used to be displayed in-car with previous android ver 7.1.1.; Select Account to view; SMS/MMS or EMAIL 1
now what's displayed with android version 8; Select Account to view; SMS/MMS or my business email address appears, e.g (someone@gmail.com) instead of EMAIL 1.
so i called the phone carrier, blackberry and Honda and they all say sorry can't help you..
what are my next steps to resolving the in-car feature which worked fine before Google pushed Android 8?
C. Spalvieri

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
For the record, neither "Android" or Google pushed the update to your device, Blackberry did. Yes, there's a difference.

Honestly, I wouldn't want more than phone calls and text messages while driving, anything more would be too distracting. These changes were likely part of an effort to help reduce distraction while driving.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084