Google copied the notch of iPhone X and made it bigger and then add a big chin.
    10-11-2018 01:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Apple copied the idea of the notch from Essential. Everyone copies everyone else these days, and if you look at the cutting edge phones these days, you can tell manufacturers are running out of new gimmicks. Chinese companies like Vivo/Oppo have phones with cameras that rise up out of the phone to avoid the notch (which means yet another mechanical part to break). Other phones are trying to get the fingerprint sensor under the screen (which by all reports doesn't work that well at this stage).

Remember, Google's strength is software. The Pixels have always been about what the phone can do with relatively standard hardware but amazing software.
    10-11-2018 08:04 PM
    Google copied the notch of iPhone X and made it bigger and then add a big chin.
    The notch is actually smaller than the one on the XS Max... I believe the iPhone's is 46% larger.

But, Diddy is 100% right here... Google is a software services company. They do sell hardware, but only to highlight their software. Hearing about how the hardware design of their new phones is uninspired is a yearly tradition at this point.

But then, once the dust settles, function reigns over form and they are still considered among the best phones out there.

Fine with me though... I'd rather have a useful phone than a pretty one. Google's utilitarian approach to phone design just leaves more resources on the stuff that is running inside.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-11-2018 08:51 PM